Thursday, February 07, 2008

Candidate Alignment

Chocolate Thunder took this poll at his wife's suggestion, so I followed the link and tried the same. See the results below:

76% John McCain
70% Mike Huckabee
69% Rudy Giuliani
67% Mitt Romney
64% Bill Richardson
61% Fred Thompson
56% Hillary Clinton
55% Tom Tancredo
55% Chris Dodd
53% Barack Obama
53% Ron Paul
52% John Edwards
44% Mike Gravel
40% Joe Biden
39% Dennis Kucinich

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz

I am a bit wary of these results. While I can't say I'm surprised that it came out with McCain as most aligned, the fact that it has a populist, wary-of-free-trade, religion on his sleeve (he only made it a few sentences in his post-Super Tuesday speech before quoting Scripture, no joke) candidate as the second most aligned makes me cast some doubt on the scoring methodology. I could not vote for that joker under any circumstances; he is the John "Two Americas!" Edwards of the Republican side.

No comments: